Our newest craving is a recipe that I developed and it's absolutely DELICIOUS, if I do say so myself!
BY ALEXANDRA, CO-FOUNDER OF BELLA. SKIN BEAUTY
We all know and love the old-school banana bread recipe, but have you ever added a whole zucchini into your bread? If not, this recipe will totally change the way you look at banana bread. It’s gluten free, dairy-free, and absolutely DELICIOUS!
I have always had the BIGGEST sweet tooth. Ever since I was young, all I wanted was to eat sugar — all the time. The problem is, sugar is not good for our bodies and especially not good for our skin. I have always loved banana bread, but now that I try to eat less sugar, I wanted to create a recipe that eased my sugar craving yet wasn’t too sweet. I also wanted to add zucchini because I love it and it’s extremely healthy — so WHY NOT?
Let’s get to the recipe!
- 2.5 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 cups paleo flour (bob’s red mill paleo baking flour)
- 1 small zucchini very finely grated
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of mini dairy free chocolate chips (enjoy life mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl mix all the dry ingredients together (Paleo Flower, Cacao Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon).
- In a separate medium bowl mix all the wet ingredients together (eggs, mashed bananas, grated zucchini, almond butter or peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract)
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully mixed. Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour into a bread pan. Top the banana bread with chocolate chips and bake for 45-50 min.
Store in the fridge for up to a week.