Gluten-free, Dairy-free Chocolate Orange Mini Donut Recipe
Sometimes we want to cheat and treat ourselves to a yummy dessert! But…If you are gluten-free and dairy-free there are too few options to go somewhere for a dessert. Especially, for donuts! Well, we have the perfect and easy recipe for you! To watch how the founders of BELLA SKIN BEAUTY bake these donuts, click here.
Let’s get to the recipe!
INGREDIENTS: (makes 12 mini donuts)
- 1 1/4 cup Paleo Flour by Bob’s Red Mill (Any gluten-free flour will do)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Melted Vegan Macadamia Butter by Milkadamia (any vegan butter will do)
- 1/4 cup Macadamia Milk (any nut milk will do)
- Half an orange squeezed
For Chocolate Glaze + Topping
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (enjoy life mega chunk chocolate chips)
- 4-6 tbsp Macadamia Milk (any nut milk will do)
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease mini donut pan with coconut oil to prevent donuts from sticking.
- In a medium sized bowl mix all the dry ingredients together (Paleo Flower, Cacao Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt).
- Start adding in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Vegan butter first, then 1 egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract and orange juice.
- Mix very well.
- Take a ziplock bag and put the batter into the bag. Cut the tip of the bag to create a hole. Start to pipe the batter into the donut mold but do not fill to the top since the donuts will rise on their own.
- Put the donuts into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
For Chocolate Sauce:
- Pour the chocolate chips into a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add in the nut milk and stir. Stir till the chocolate becomes creamy.
- To finish the donuts, dip them into the chocolate sauce and sprinkle orange zest on top!